non-qualified specialistNEWTOWN, PA - FULL TIME
Non-Qualified Benefit Plan Specialist
Operations Department, Reports to SVP, Non-Qualified Benefits
Key responsibilities include management of assigned non-qualified deferred compensation accounts or relationships, including daily benefit plan administration of assigned accounts and indirect relationships involving communication, installation, problem identification and resolution. Works closely with Account Executives and clients on all aspects of non-qualified benefit plans including endorsement and collateral assignment split dollar, death benefit only plans, defined contribution and defined benefit plans, index plans, and LINQS+ plans. Ensures our recordkeeping products and services meet or exceed industry standards.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
- Basic understanding of non-qualified employee benefits plans to include defined contribution, defined benefit, endorsement split dollar, and collateral assignment split-dollar
- Provide key support during the preparation of plan implementation, plan changes and/or terminations.
- Perform daily administration of non-qualified benefit plans, while adhering to departmental operational procedures and controls.
- Preparation of client annual IRS tax deliverables.
- Responsible for FICA / FUTA reporting.
- Identifies problems in a timely manner, gathers, and analyzes information.
- Prepare LINQS+, split-dollar, and other benefit plan design illustrations.
- Responsible for the development of benefit plan accrual methodology and maintenance of client schedules.
- Prepare and update participant statements.
- Responsible for answering client inquiries about their benefit plans.
- Respond to ad hoc client requests (CIC, early retirement, accrual assumption changes).
- Develop calendar, timelines, and procedures for plan recordkeeping tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This position requires an undergraduate degree in finance or business-related field.
- 1- 3 years of Non-qualified benefits experience.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Able to communicate effectively both in written format and oral presentation.
- Interpret financial information and draw valid conclusions.
- Able to maintain organization in a changing environment.
- Able to exhibit initiative, responsibility, flexibility and leadership.
- Manages difficult client/customer situations, responds promptly to internal and external customer needs, responds to requests for service and assistance and meets commitments.
- Prioritizes and plans work and uses time efficiently.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs is required regarding MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Word, and Adobe.
- Candidate must be willing to learn new concepts in a fast-paced environment and have the ability to handle cyclical work pressures with a professional demeanor.
- Must be a team player and willing to participant and interact with other departments.