non-qualified specialistNEWTOWN, PA - FULL TIME
Operations Department, Reports to Chief Actuary
The Non-Qualified Specialist is responsible for providing support for designing new benefit plans and ongoing plan recordkeeping. Works closely with Account Executives and clients on all aspects of non-qualified benefit plans including endorsement and collateral assignment split dollar, death benefit only plans, defined contribution and defined benefit plans, index plans, and LINQS+ plans. Ensures our recordkeeping products and services meet or exceed industry standards.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
- Prepare LINQS+, split-dollar, and other benefit plan design illustrations.
- Run annuity carrier final illustrations for LINQS+.
- Responsible for the development of benefit plan accrual methodology and maintenance of client schedules.
- Responsible for FICA / FUTA reporting.
- Prepare and update participant statements.
- Responsible for answering client inquiries about their benefit plans.
- Respond to ad hoc client requests (CIC, early retirement, accrual assumption changes).
- Maintain and expand LINQS+ illustration and re-illustration system.
- Develop calendar, timelines, and procedures for plan recordkeeping tasks.
- Experience in non-qualified benefits.
- Able to communicate effectively both in written format and oral presentation.
- Able to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Able to maintain organization in a changing environment.
- Able to exhibit initiative, responsibility, flexibility, and leadership.
- Able to maintain a flexible attitude and approach towards assignments and successfully operate under ambiguous guidelines.
- Manages difficult client/customer situations, responds promptly to internal and external customer needs, responds to requests for service and assistance, and meets commitments.
- Prioritizes and plans work and uses time efficiently.