non-qualified specialistNEWTOWN, PA - FULL TIME
IT Department, Reports to Director of Information Technology
Newcleus Software Engineer will work directly with the Director of Information Technology providing support for designing and developing new technologies and systems related to existing MINTS systems, with a focus on new and existing non-qualified benefit plans and ongoing plan recordkeeping development. The position will code and modify moderately to highly complex programs, including systems integration. He or She will also test and debug code; maintain, modify, and integrate applications. They will also perform analysis and design of programs.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
- Design and build reliable, high-quality software products.
- Apply processes, methods and tools to build and maintain quality computer software.
- Successful solving problems and writing code.
- Apply methods that allow individuals and teams to create and improve large software systems.
- In coordination with the Director of Information Technology
- develop and maintain MINTS system and critical components
- protect the security of client information using security technologies
- Support development efforts on business tools including, but not limited to, LINQS+, split-dollar, and other benefit plan design illustrations and systems
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Software Engineering, Information Systems, or similar in Computer Science.
- Sound attention to specification, design, software evolution, quality control and project management.
- Strong ability to provide high-quality software products on time and within budget.
- Skilled at designing software with a user-friendly interface and according to expectations, and cohesively supporting Information Technology throughout Newcleus.
- Able to communicate effectively both in written format and oral presentation.
- Able to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Able to exhibit initiative, responsibility, flexibility and leadership.
- Able to work in a team environment with a flexible attitude and approach towards assignments.
- Continuous working knowledge of current development standards and practices.
- Prioritizes and plans work, and uses time efficiently.
Desired Experience: Linux, ReactJs, NodeJs, .Net Core, WPF, NoSQL/PostGRESQL, MS-SQL, SmartSheet, Snowflake