non-qualified specialistNEWTOWN, PA - FULL TIME
Entry Level Accounting Internship
Non-Qualified Department, Reports to Chief Operating Officer
The internship provides support for specified projects within the non‐qualified accounting department including data retrieval from paper files, data entry using Microsoft Excel, report generation using standard models, tasks as outlined for projects. Responsible for providing support for benefit plans and ongoing plan recordkeeping. Works closely with the Senior Vice President, Non‐Qualified Benefits on all aspects of non‐qualified benefit plans. Non‐qualified plans may include endorsement and collateral assignment split dollar, death benefit only plans, defined contribution and defined benefit plans, index plans, and LINQS+ plans. Newcleus recordkeeping products and services meet or exceed industry standards.
Required Education, Training, and Experience
Active pursuit of Accounting, Statistics, or Finance Degree.
Basic experience with using excel spreadsheets. Knowledge of formulas and pivot tables is a plus.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
- Preparation of plan reporting packages, including prepare participant statements
- Data entry of new business data.
- Prepare LINQS+ Illustrations.
- Prepare Benefit Plan accruals.
- Prepare FICA / FUTA reporting.
- Prepare IRS 8925 reporting.
- Summarize information addressing ad hic plan inquiries. (Change in Control, Early Retirement, etc.)
- Verify and record details of business transactions to computer spreadsheets and software platforms, as trained.
- Maintenance of LINQS+ Illustration and re‐illustration system.
- Performs filing and copying as directed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Strong communication skills.
- Able to multi‐task and establish priorities.
- Able to maintain organization in a changing environment.
- Able to maintain a flexible attitude and approach towards assignments.
- Proficient in MS Office Software‐ Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Identifies problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information.
- Additional job duties, as assigned.